Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We are partnered with a Biotech in the Boston area. This company is fast growing and works on creating a sustainable environment. They have 5 people on their Computational Biology team including Sr. Computational Biologist and Associate Computational Biologist. They are looking for someone to lead this team in a remote capacity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Computational Biology group.
- Leading programs and initiatives within Computational Biology.
- Working collaboratively with their Data Science group and bench Scientist.
- Promote the companies core values: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Empowerment, Resilience, and Fun.
- PhD in molecular biology, chemical biology, chemistry, biophysics, computational biology, genetics, or similar, with state-of-the-art knowledge of the RNA field.
- 10+ years of Biotech and/or Pharma industry experience.
- Proven track record of managing a group, with at least three direct reports.
- Extensive experience in building production-grade NGS pipelines with specific experience in multi-omics data integration, pathway analysis, and variant annotation.
- Experience in microbial research including a working understanding of computational approaches for genomics, predictive biomarker discovery and mining/analysis of genomics databases.
- Proficiency in Python, version control, containerization, workflow management solutions, and developing bioinformatics pipelines in a cloud-based environment (AWS).
- Proven track record of driving programs or initiatives to milestones.
- Expertise in an area of RNA science (e.g. RNA biology, RNA processing, translation, splicing, RNA biophysics, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A work ethic, sense of urgency, adaptability, and enthusiasm that will allow the successful candidate to thrive in a fast-paced, cutting edge research environment.
Complete the form below to apply for the Associate Director Computational Biology role: