Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States
I&T Application Portfolio Administrator III gets to work with a growing portfolio of industry leading applications that support I&T and the enterprise. They will primarily be responsible for supporting the development, maintenance, and deployment of these systems and will help set the roadmap and growth of these applications to drive value to the organization. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements. The Portfolio Administrator will be tasked with working directly with internal and external customers of I&T and will manage the work streams of internal resources, multiple vendors, and managed services teams.
- Manage, administer, and support applications to align with the related process areas throughout the entire lifecycle to ensure optimization, stability, and recoverability.
- This includes overseeing the work streams of internal and external vendor resources.
- Hold meetings with key managers and directors to understand on-going system needs, provide status updates, and gather information used to prioritize projects.
- Ability to recommend best practice solutions and align with strategic goals.
- Analyze business problems and propose solutions, including cost justifications to solve them.
- Write test plans and oversee all unit, system, and acceptance testing of assigned applications.
- Write detailed functional design documents, including logical and physical data flow models.
- Provide second\third level application support for IT service desk.
- Serve as a model and mentor to Application System Analysts and others within IT.
- Stay on top of industry changes, recommend and implement industry best practices.
- Ensure that system functional documentation remains current, including systems specification documents and flowcharts.
- Develop end-user training programs as applicable.
Managed Applications include
- ServiceNOW for ITSM including Ticket/Incident, Change, Request, Integration Hub & Reporting
- Microsoft Power Automate for RPA
- Aternity Application monitoring
- Adobe products
Experience and Knowledge
- Four year degree or equivalent with 8+ years proven work experience.
- Proven work experience managing a purchased large scale application or group of applications.
- Ability to manage multiple Small and Mid-scale projects is required.
- Basic development knowledge including SCRUM/Agile methodologies and SDLC process will be helpful.
- Understanding of general SQL database structure and maintenance best practice experience is highly preferred.
- Self-motivated, detailed and goal-oriented with the ability to perform tasks independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, problem solving, organizational and analytical aptitude.
Desired Skills and ExperienceExperience
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
Complete the form below to apply for the Systems Administrator role: