Location: Dublin, Ireland
Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer will primarily work with the lead data engineer, product owners, architects, engineering teams and BI developers to implement and drive forward our client's data & analytics goals.
This is an opportunity to work as a "hands on" data engineer, engaging with a variety of stakeholders in engineering teams and the business to deliver business critical solutions. You will collaborate with Data Architects and Data engineers’ firm wide to align to best practice and the firms Data management policy.
You will have
- Proven experience working as a data engineer or software engineer working on data platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes and systems to put solutions in place.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Passion about using data to drive key business decisions.
- Great people skills, able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
You may have
- Hands-on experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of Data modelling, data warehouse design, data lake concepts and practices.
- Experience of the Azure data platform.
- Experience working within data governance and compliance frameworks.
- Experience creating logical data models, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Experience using SQL Server and Azure SQL.
- Previously used Qliksense, PowerBI or equivalent visualisation tools.
- Python programming skills.
In this role you will
- Build and maintain a cloud-based data warehouse consisting of information gathered from several systems.
- Assist data analysts and BI developers to create insightful dashboards and reports for customers.
- Develop data Integrations using Azure analysis services and APIs.
- Integrate data points between Tax Systems and external/client applications.
- Design and build systems for use across multi-cloud platforms.
- Create data sources to be used by Business Intelligence tools.
- Working on data integration, data quality, data mining and ETL processes.
- Work as part of a scaled agile team.
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Engineer role: