Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
(Open to remote candidates)
Our client is a biotechnology company operating in precision oncology. Its mission is to improve patient outcomes and support drug discovery and development for pharmaceutical companies.
The Data Science team supports all data, machine learning, and analytical approaches across the organization. In this role, you will help lead the bioinformatics and data analysis in support of novel biopharma assays and products at the forefront of cancer therapeutics. You will help define, build, and scale-up our drug discovery platform as well as its genetic and immunological screens.
You will tackle some of the most interesting biological and technical questions related to functional precision cancer therapeutics. You will lead the design and implementation of pipelines and classification algorithms that combine and harness multiple sources of data in order to extract biological and clinical insights from large biopharma discovery efforts. You will contribute to multi-omic assays - enabling both successful external partnerships and internal pipeline development.
You will work closely with experimental scientists, device engineers, R&D, business development, software, and operations teams to deliver solutions to further precision oncology. You will be part of a fast-paced early-stage startup and have the opportunity to shape the data science and biopharma strategy and product development.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, data science, bioengineering, or a related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience (Bonus: Experience in drug discovery, drug development)
- Expert knowledge of biostatistical methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of molecular biology and cancer genomics
- Expertise in scripting language – Python, R, and Linux shell environment (Bonus: experience developing novel/custom algorithms)
- Experience with NGS data and landscape of bioinformatics tools
- Experience working with experimental scientists on Design of Experiment (DOE) (Bonus: Experience with single-cell RNA, proteomics, immune assays)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced startup environment, delivering high-quality results under tight timelines
- Strong team player: the ability to work together with your team as well as cross-functionally and across institutions, to accomplish your goals
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior Data Scientist, Bioinformatics role: