Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
The data science team is one of the most important aspects of the organization, and your work can have a major impact on the future of gene therapy. You will be able to help craft our approach, shape our culture, and positively impact people’s lives. You will work closely with a group of talented, positive and driven scientists. The information below should give you an idea of the ideal candidate. But depending on your background were are open to bringing different qualities to our team.
Our team's responsibilities:
*Analyze biological data in a statistically rigorous manner
*Build machine learning models
*Develop computational optimization approaches
*Contribute to experimental design of high-throughput viral libraries.
*Successful candidate will take a leading role in developing rigorous tools for analyzing data and applying the resulting insights to subsequent rounds of experiments.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computational biology, statistics (or related fields) or equivalent experience.
- Strong theoretical foundation in statistics.
- Proficient in Python and relevant data science packages (e.g. pandas, scipy, seaborn).
- Passion for solving problems.
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with scientists of different backgrounds.
- Internship or work experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience working with biological data, especially NGS data.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: molecular biology, protein engineering, gene therapy, immunology, or virology.
Complete the form below to apply for the Computational Biologist role: