Location: palo alto, California, United States
About the company
Pairing Ai with a rapidly growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources in order to provide an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed up the development of new medicines.
We are a science-first company and have created the first ML platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials [comprehensive simulations that show what would likely happen to a given patient if they were randomized to the control group]
We use the information from Digital Twins in order to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA reducing required sample sizes, increasing statistical power, and providing patient-level treatment response information.
• Lead the development of components of our ETL software infrastructure, making it possible to scale our production workflows 10x while improving quality
• Lead the development of components of our growing disease-progression modeling software platform.
• Collaborate with data scientists and ML engineers to architect software solutions that meet the needs of the broader organization.
• Exemplify best practices/methods, for reproducible, traceable, and validatable data processing and ML pipelines.
You are an experienced software engineer who wants to help build a new, computationally-focused approach to important problems in healthcare.
- 6+ years work experience as a software engineer with emphasis on serving data science and machine learning workflows.
- Capable of being a technical leader who can help direct important engineering projects.
- Experience with ETL and ML pipeline implementation and maintenance.
- Fluent in Python, and Python data science ecosystem tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing high-quality code in a collaborative setting.
- Experience operationalizing data science and machine learning algorithms.
- An eye for ensuring production quality in critical software.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Eventually (after the pandemic) able to work in the downtown SF office at least 2 days per week.
You will be collaborating with the talented folks who are working to productionize and scale our technology. Your primary responsibility will be the development and maintenance of our data processing and ML infrastructure, making it possible to scale our production workflows by an order of magnitude. You’ll be relied upon to exemplify high standards of software development, and in particular best practices related to building and automating complex ML pipelines. You will have outsized impact throughout the technical organization, laying the groundwork for scale.
Complete the form below to apply for the Machine Leanring Infastructure Engineer role: