Location: California, United States
Location: San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA; New York, NY (hybrid)
Join a team of data scientists building a robust computational platform for advancing the R&D of new medicines. This is an exciting opportunity to work across traditional industry boundaries in a fast-paced startup environment, with a diverse array of data spanning biology, computational chemistry, imaging, electronic medical records, text notes, clinical trials and data from their labs.
About The Role
Our client are looking for an experienced Senior/Staff Machine Learning Engineer to design and implement solutions to real-world small-molecule modeling problems to advance computationally accelerated drug development programs. You will apply and enhance the capabilities of their AI-based platform to advance real-world, active drug development programs. Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse set of scientists, entrepreneurs, and domain experts in ways that cut across traditional industry boundaries in a fast-paced startup environment.
Day to Day
- Work with data scientists, researchers, product teams, and other domain experts to build solutions to complex data-oriented problems;
- Design, develop, and scale data curation and modeling pipelines for our large-scale, high-throughput applications.
- Train, assess, deploy, and interpret statistical machine learning models that inform and advance our programs.
- A PhD (or Master’s with experience) in Computer Science, Data Science, Bioinformatics or related technical / computational/ quantitative field;
- Experience applying standard statistical analysis and machine learning techniques, such as generalized linear models, kernel methods, ensemble methods, neural networks, and demonstrated impact solving real problems with clear business significance.
- Strong familiarity with the various tools and environments, such as shell, Python/R, and other scripting languages, you have experience using HPC/grid/cloud computing environments, programming against API services, accessing data from a heterogeneous mixture of flatfiles, SQL relational databases, noSQL/JSON object storage, and/or RDF/OWL triple-stores - beyond a fundamental comfort zone
- Software engineering experience across multiple languages such as Python, Java, R
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, including facility with Rmarkdown and/or Jupyter Notebooks for communicating reproducible results; and the ability to also condense, summarize, and synthesize those results into informative and actionable presentations to less technical audiences.
- Strong personal project management skills with significant practical experience managing your time split between multiple, parallel projects; experience with Agile processes and frameworks for team collaboration (e.g. Kanban, Atlassian tools)
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Machine Learning role: