Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
This is a mid sized Biotech in the Boston/Cambridge area and they are looking for a results oriented, strategic thinker to apply computational chemistry, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, and medicinal chemistry design principles to support their drug discovery programs and target identification and validation efforts.
- Computational Modeling Techniques such as Structure based and Ligand Based
- Structural bioinformatics
- Evaluate the similarities of Targets Class
- Design of Hopping based compounds
- Chemical assessment techniques
- Prediction of physicochemical compounds
- ADME properties
- Help in design and selection of compounds
- Use Cheminformatics techniques
- HTS analysis, library design, SAR visualization, etc.
- Develop and apply of novel computational capabilities
- FEP, protein simulations, and analysis
Experience and Skillset needed
- Must have a passion for discovering new medicines that will help to treat disease.
- A PhD in a related field.
- At least 5 years of computational chemistry experience.
- 5+ years of working in a Biotech or Pharma environment.
- Must be comfortable with the different aspects of modern computational chemistry.
- Must be able to demonstrate impact in applying computational chemistry in past roles.
- Publications and Patents must indicate your ability to drive the design/progression of compounds in a drug discovery team setting.
- Must have worked as part of a drug discovery team that was in early through to late stage discovery.
- Must have a strong understanding of medicinal chemistry.
- Knowledge of DMPK principles, multi-parameter compound design and optimization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
Complete the form below to apply for the Senior/Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry role: